Roasted Garlic

We love garlic and use plenty of it in our cooking but I've never made roasted garlic.  I've seen them do it on TV and it looked very easy.  There are so many things you can add roasted garlic too.  Roasting makes it more sweet and it doesn't have that strong garlic taste.




I was making Roasted Potatoes (recipe to come) and I thought I would try out roasting some garlic.  My apologies for the horrible picture.  My camera has broken and lately I've been taking pictures with our phone.

Roasted Garlic
1 bulb of garlic
about 2 tsp of olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 F.

Peel the garlic bulb leaving the skin that is on the cloves.  Cut the about 1/4 inch of the top off and discard.  Place garlic bulb in some foil and bring the sides up around.  Pour the olive oil on the bulb making so to coat the entire top of the bulb.  Wrap the bulb up in the foil and put in the oven for about 30 minutes or until nice and soft.  Allow to cool and then squeeze out the garlic and use as desired.

If you are already roasting something in the oven you can pop in the foil wrapped garlic in the oven to roast at the same time.


Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

Featured Post

Tacos {Remake}